As soon as the fruit is stored on top of the FruitPad, it starts to give longer freshness. The structure of the surface with its excellent cushioning actively shields against pressure. Pressure points, which cause cellular damage and juices running off, are reduced. Escaping fruit juice is absorbed directly via the surface and sides of the pad and is captured in the core. The quick absorption of liquid prevents the formation of mould and delays microbiological growth. In this way the strawberry red and blackberry black FruitPads reduce waste by up to 55 %.
- Absorbency: Whether liquid is naturally released or from damaged
fruit, McAirlaid’s FruitPad absorbs from both the surface and the sides.
- Breathability: The micro pore structure supports the packaging ventilation system required by soft fruits.
- Protection: The pads are designed to have excellent cushioning with
minimal raw material.
- Presentation: Let us showcase your product and increase shelf appeal.
- Hygiene: With rewet almost eliminated, microbial growth and mould is significantly reduced – this is active waste reduction!
- Handling: Consistent product parameters result in superior machinability and efficiency.